Wednesday, August 12, 2009

8 WEEKS LATER!!!!


Holy Cow, today our little Abigail is 8 weeks old!! I can't even believe it! Here are a few things that our little girl fills her day with: SMILING (she smiles ALL THE TIME), cooing and gooing, watching Mommie and Daddy walk back and forth from the comfort of her "non-bouncer", staring at her furry big sister Alabama (especially when she barks), holding her head up (today is actually the first day that she doesn't look like a bobblehead doll), swinging in her swing and staring up at the lit up stars on her swing, and snuggling with Mommie and Daddy. We love our little cute baby!

Over the past week Abigail has gone on her first ROAD TRIP!!! My mom had a doctor appointment in Spokane, Washington (which is about 2 1/2 hours away), so Abigail and I went with "Grammie"!! Abigail did GREAT!! She slept for part of the trip and when she was awake she would entertain herself by staring out the windows or at herself in the mirror. When we got home she went to bed at her usual 10:30 and slept until 6am :) What a wonderful baby!!

Also this week, she started sleeping in her crib in her room!! I am not totally ready to let her continue to sleep in her room (I'm too paranoid!! . . . half the night I am up checking to see if she is breathing and I'm glued to the video monitor making sure she hasn't done anything crazy--like roll over-- the other half the night!!!--all the while, Abigail gets a fabulous FULL night sleep), so tonight she is going to be back in her bassinet in our room. :) :)

She is definitely growing up quickly and becoming CUTER and CUTER!!!!!

This cute little outfit was just given to her by Nana and Papa!!! It is sooo cute on!!!

Jake and Abigail enjoying a dance in the kitchen (with her cute outfit on!)

Kar and Abigail walking around in Grammie's backyard--Abigail loves being outside and looking up at trees!!!!

Abigail loves her "non-bouncer"!!! This is from Nana and Papa AS WELL!! We call it the non bouncer because it is like a bouncer, but it is higher up and well.... it actually doesn't bounce at all-- it only rocks (hence the"non-bouncer") -- and she absolutely loves being in it!! :)

Taking an early morning snooze in her non-bouncer!

This is what I call multitasking! haha

3 comments:

McKay said...

Wow! She's already sleeping through the night! You guys are lucky. Jaedyn wasn't sleeping through the night at 8 months, let alone 8 weeks.

Love the pic of Jake "multi-tasking". I can definitely relate.

Angela said...

I love her cute smiling pictures. What a perfect baby girl!! You are so lucky to have such a young baby sleep so long. Wow!!
I know what you mean about continually checking in at night and you don't sleep while they are peaceful. Not fair! I have a video monitor too and it is my favorite baby gadget of all! I am so addicted to it that I have checked it out of habit when she isn't even in bed. Lame!
About your comment on my post- you will love the sign language thing. It is so fun when they respond. It is like a little window into their cute little heads :)

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I can NOT wait to hold my little Sprinkle! She is soooooo beautiful! You two make cute babies :) I love her so much, and can't WAIT to be out there!!!!