Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our 3rd Anniversary!!!!!

Today Jake and I are celebrating our 3rd ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I can not believe how quickly time can fly by!! Well, after 3 years and a beautiful baby girl later-- I am still madly in love with my husband! We are going out tonight (to see the new Harry Potter)-- without Abigail-- we are leaving her with "Grammie" (my Mom). This will be the 1st time that I have ever left her!! YIKES! She is 7 weeks old today and I have never left her!!
Hopefully I can do this!!!!!!!!
***UPDATE: O.K. ... I survived (phew)!! After giving my Mom about 20 minutes of instructions (mind you, she has been with her pretty much every day since she was born--and knows her program just as well as I do--) Jake and I went to the show (Harry Potter was fantastic) and to dinner (Red Robin--yummy chicken fingers)! Jake was very patient with me and my few tears (pathetic, I know) and my two phone calls to my Mom!! So. . . Abigail did wonderfully (I have no doubt that she missed us like CRAZY), my Mom is a fabulous babysitter (Abigail was sound asleep when we got back to my Mom's house) , Jake thinks I'm nuts (but he's still cute), and I have met my quota for leaving my daughter for a while (we'll see what Jake has to say about that! ha!)!!
Here are a couple of pictures of our little "smiler"--this first picture is one of Jake's favorites!!


Abigail loves getting her diaper changed-- so she is always smiling on her
changing table:)


Isn't her smile just too stinkin' cute!?!?!?! I love it!!!!



7 comments:

Tina said...

Hey Kari!! Your little angel is beautiful! Congrats!! I have a blog too so I'll send you an email and invite you to it so we can keep in touch. How fun!!
Happy 3rd anniversary! I hope you had fun at the movie. I can't wait to go see it myself. I still need to get John a little older to be left with someone other than family.

McKay said...

Makana was the exact same way. I think the first time she was away from her was when we went to the temple. She was a nervous wreck the whole time we drove there and then finally calmed down. She is beautiful though and I can hardly blame you.

The Italian Soda said...

WHAT A CUTIE! Can't wait to see her in real life! :)

makana said...

Happy late anniversary.
She is darling. I particularly like the island princess outfit... me being one myself and all... :)

Oh, Sweet!... said...

She IS stinkin cute. Jason LOVES to use that word! I know how you felt leaving her the first time. It's hard! I'm glad you were able to get out for your anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Miss you!
Amy

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I wish the movie theater had been in NYC :) I LOVE HER!!!!! AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Kid's Kitchen said...

YAY!!! Happy LATE anniversary. I will never forget that beautiful day. P.S. I love the new pics of my DARLING niece!!!