Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Bless-ed Photo Shoot . . .


I can't believe that our little girl is now 10 weeks old!!!! Fastest ten weeks of my life!! Well, we went and got her 2 month old pictures on Friday. My mom and I wanted to get pictures of Abigail and our nephew Donnie, who is 8 1/2 months old. Since my Mom watches Donnie a couple of days a week (Friday's being one of them) we decided to take them then. Thank goodness Jake had the day off work and came with us. Wow, have you ever tried to take pictures of a 2 month old and an 8 month old?!?!??! Well, if you haven't I wouldn't suggest trying! My Mom brought her friend Kathy to help her with Donnie-- so there were 5 adults (including the photographer) and 2 babies--and YIKES it was a bit of disaster!!! To make things more exciting the air conditioning was not working in the studio so it just made the experinece all the more fun! We were all boiling and irritable. Donnie was SOO upset and crawling right out of the poses. Thank goodness Abigail can not crawl (or talk) otherwise I am sure that she would have looked at me and said, "peace out Mom--this is nuts!" Two hours after we walked into the photo studio we walked out with 5 sweating and exhusted adults and 2 upset babies. Through it all we did get a few cutie patootie photos! (sooo the chaos was worth it!) Here are the results of what I call the
"Bless-ed Photo Shoot":



Look at this giggling little girl! She is probably laughing at us chasing after Donnie! HA!

"I'm shy" --yeah right!!

Towards the end of the 2 hours--getting sleepy!!

and there Donnie goes . . .

Look at those cute cousins!!!

How sweet!!!

The colors on this one are a little weird . . . but in black and white it is darling (maybe I'll repost it in black and white . . .)

our little "vouge" girl!

Smiling at Mommie!


5 comments:

McKay said...

I love them...I'd say it was well worth the effort. Abigail is darling and I definitely see a little bit of both of you in her.

Heidi said...

Darling pictures! I had a similar experience trying to get Jane's photos taken when she was 4 months old. It is such an ordeal!!

Lindsey said...

What a cutie. Isn't it amazing how much we go through as parents just to get a couple good shots of our kids? The things we do...

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

It's WEDNESDAY!! That means I get to see pictures of my cute niece :) I love you Kar and can't WAIT to see you in THREE days! Call me if you have a second, I know you're SO busy!

Kid's Kitchen said...

Those are adorable!!! Holy cow! I love them and I can't wait to meet her!!! I'm dying! Thanks for the message the other day...I still need to call your mom. Love you!