So, I am trying to figure out why they haven't found a way to vaccinate without using NEEDLES!!!! Abigail had her 2 month check up yesterday and was poked 3 times. I was relieved to know that one of the vaccines she would drink, but the other three were shot right in her little chubby thighs!! It was soo sad--one minute she was happy and smiling and then the next she was screaming the "I'm hurt" scream!
I am very grateful for modern medicine and that now Abigail is safe from quite a few diseases that many people in the past have died from--BUT--as a mother it was awful to see her in such pain. In truth, I think it may have been more painful for my Mom and I (my Mom came with me for moral support, than Abigail! It seemed like taking the band-aid off was more tramatic than the actual poke (if volumn and pitch of her screaming is a pain indicator).
Anywhoo . . . Abigail continues to smile all day long and is beginning to giggle more and more!! She has also discovered her arms-- it is so funny--when she is taking a nap I will go check on her and she will just be staring at her arm like she has never seen anything more amazing! Here are some of this weeks cute pictures:
Abgail loves to snuggle! Look at the chub on those arms!!! (She is now 11 lbs. 7 oz.--she is in the 75th percentile for her age, and she is 23.5 in long which is in the 90th percentile for her age! We have TALL little girl--she definitely does not get that from me!!!
This is after her bath last night -- she just looks too cute!
O.K.-- I know this is not a picture of my adorable little girl--BUT-- this is my FIRST tomato off my tomato tree or little plant (whichever) that I am growing on our deck!!!!! It tasted great too!!
"The Garbage Can Pic"
Abigail's 2 month Birthday!! O.K. I love to celebrate birthdays, so this is great I get to celebrate my daughter's "month-birthdays" (I haven't figured out a more clever name for them) the 17th of every month!!! Soo... my Mom and I took her to Baskin Robins (hence the 31 on the garbage can), borrowed one of their #2 candles, and took this fabulous picture! We also enjoyed a scoop of ice cream while Abigail was fast asleep!
No one believed me that Abigail had discovered her arm and now likes to stare at it in amazement (her doctor had a hard time believing me even)--- so two nights ago--I caught it on film! (Aparently, babies don't "usually" discover their extremities until about 3 or 4 months)-- not our little inquisitive baby!!
6 comments:
What cute pictures!!! I love that little girl and her mom sooooo much! They are the greatest part of my life!
KARIIIII!!!! She is SO adorable! And was there ever a cuter mother? Nope! My kids are going to be so sad when they realize how good Abigail has it :) LOOOOVE YOU! I'll see you in TWO weeks!
She is so so cute! The chubbier the cutier I say. How fun to get a tomato. I got nothing this year. I still can't believe your a dad Jake! My how time flies. You guys will be the best parents ever. Just wish you were closer. Visit often K?
I love reading your blog!!! I seriously can't wait to meet this little girl. Love you! -KAte
Oh I don't know how I'm going to do the shots either!! I can't stand watching my neices and nephews get hurt and I know that it'll be worse when our little guy feels hurt. But she just continues to get cuter and cuter...I especially love those chubby arms! Love ya!
Love the pictures! And that your blog is pink. I actually decided to skip her last round of immunizations since there were so many until she is older.
Keep the posts up! I love reading them
Post a Comment